“Delivering happiness” from Tony Hsieh, the CEO and co-founder of Zappos, the first online shoe store in the world, recently purchased by Amazon for about a billion Euro, is providing probably the best example of a new way to manage a company. First define your values, create the right culture and the rest will follow.
As an example, here are the 10 Zappos familly values:
- Deliver WOW Through Service
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
- Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
- Pursue Growth and Learning
- Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
- Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
- Do More With Less
- Be Passionate and Determined
- Be Humble
One of the result of this approach is likely the quality of Zappos customer service. Do you know a lot of companies where you can return your purchased good within a year (the Wow effect) but also one where the customer support agent will send you flowers and a card, on the company’s name after you called to ask for the refund of your recently deceased husband Shoes? Happy customers through happy employees, that is very likely the best marketing you might ever have.
You can also visit their website http://www.deliveringhappiness.com/ or also http://deliveringhappinessatwork.com/